Name: Sith Empire Derriphan-class battleship
Type: Large Cruiser
Length: 215 meters
Skill: Capital Ship Piloting; Sith Empire Derriphan-class battleship
Crew: 25, Skeleton; 10/+15
Consumables: 1 Year
Cargo Capacity: 5,000 metric tons
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x4
Hyperdrive Backup: x12
Nav Computer: Yes
Fire Arc: 3 left, 3 right
Fire Control: 1D
Atmosphere Range: 100-200/1/2km
Heavy concussion missile launchers (3) (60 missile magazine)
Fire Arc: Turret front
Fire Control: 2D
Atmosphere Range: 3-15/36/75km
Description: The Derriphan-class battleship was the primary capital ship used by the old Sith Empire. Most Sith Lords of the time carried these vessels in their fleets.
By modern galactic standards they were fairly small, slow, and ungainly, but the Sith battleships were among the most powerful and fearsome warships of their time, despite sporting no shields. One vessel was said to succumb only to the firepower of six main Republic warships, thanks to its heavy armor, and even then was able to cripple or destroy at least one of the opposing ships.
Ludo Kressh attacked his rival, Naga Sadow, with a small fleet of these battleships, while Sadow would later on launch his invasion of Republic space using Derriphan-class battleships of his own as primary space combatants.
About one hundred battleships were created prior to the Great Hyperspace War, with only one remaining by the end of it. Naga Sadow sacrificed the remainder of his fleet to cover his escape when the Republic counterattacked. He hid his flagship on the fourth moon of Yavin, where it would remain for 1000 years until discovered and used by the Sith Lord Exar Kun.
Following Kun's defeat, the Sith Empire under Lords Darth Revan and Darth Malak discovered the design's blueprints and produced more of them, using the massive Star Forge. They were effective against the Republic's frigates, but suffered massive casualties due to having no shields.